It's been a while since I've seen a film that has blown me away like this.
I watched Laurence Anyways this weekend.
While it is hard going as only French, Indie, lgbt films set in the 1980s can be, it is seriously worth a watch. I know I'm going to get murdered online for this but, I love Fred. I know she's secondary to the plot of their relationship during Laurence's sex change but seriously, I loved her.
I am a huge 80s fashion fan and this was everything I needed. The scene where she enters the party in a cape and see through dress to the sounds of Visage's Fade to Grey was just perfect. I am also hugely jealous of anyone with curly hair at the moment. I seem to be edging ever closer to getting my hair cut off and permed.
I want her hair cut damn it!
The film is long and spans their relationship during the 1980s and 1990s but its spot on with the clothing references and well worth a look.







0 Yorumlar