Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Solitude

An odd pleasure this one.   From many people's perspective I spend more time alone than they would find comfortable.  I came home from church last Sunday morning and since then I have been out twice for a couple of hours and a friend called for an hour, a total of about five hours company.  And yet today I have settled for a whole day of very deliberate solitude.

Solitude is more than just being alone.  It involves choice, even if that choice is just to enjoy the quietness.  The quality of solitude changes as one has more of it.

For many solitude is a luxury they just can't have - maybe they live in over-crowded homes or there are demanding children or elderly relatives on the scene.  Others have not solitude but loneliness - although loneliness can also be found in busy places, in other people's crowds.

I could experience my life as lonely but instead I experience it as rich and fulfilling.  A pleasure to be savoured.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar