Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

So umm...how do you paint a geodesic dome?

I mean seriously. Usually they're silver, clear, chrome-ish...like this:


Yeaaaah, that'll paint up easy! Lemme just open my paint pot of chrome and...oh, um...or how bout whatever boltgun metal is called these days? I guess that'll work, right?

Doubt it.

Fuck it let's go all earthy, woodsy, and cozy-like this:


Cozy...Battletech terrain (which is what this post is actually about), umm....no I don't think that'll work really (though it would be easier to paint than a chromed dome I guess).

Anyways, here's what I actually got:

I dimmed the photos a bit so they just didn't look like white silhouettes.

 Okay, not all of the pieces are geodesic domes, but a good chunk of them are, or variations thereof.  These are from a little company called Xmarx (I believe they're in Knoxville, TN) so fairly local to me actually, though I got the above from my Noble Knight credit and NK is located in Wisconsin so go figure.

I wouldn't mind getting another set of these actually.

All of the Geodesic sections are separate pieces, so they can be arranged however I want. Whereas the odd looking collection of resin below is...actually something quite neat: armored exit ramp to a subterranean mech bay (the above surface variety is ridiculously expensive for some stupid reason).

Closed...
...and open.

I'm gonna try to  magnetize the armored shutters so I can have the option to position them either open or closed. I'll have to put it on a base or else the piece that the mech is standing on won't have anything to attach to.

One other set that I got, isn't specifically for Battletech, as it will also work for 40k, Bolt Action, WHFB, or whatever...

So cool, and water is such a rare site on most game tables.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar