For the past few years, I have written a post that summarizes my set completion quests for the year. I still plan to do that for 2020, but I also decided to give a progress report for sets that I'm actively acquiring cards for along the way. I thought this might be more interesting than writing one giant post that tries to tie all the different cards from a trade or a purchase together.
Today we'll look at 2013 Panini Triple Play
![]() |
| Card courtesy of TCDB trade with FSCGrad777 |
Why I'm collecting this set: Some of you are probably asking right now, "Seriously, why are you collecting this set?" It may be one of the worst sets of all-time. Actually, I'm collecting it because I bought a case of it for about $30. I gave a box to each of my sons, a nephew, a niece, and a bunch of packs to my kid's t-ball team that I coached. Of course, I opened a box for myself. From that box, I put together most of the cartoony base set and a couple of the insert sets. This "When I Was a Kid..." subset is short-printed, however, and only came a couple per box. If it weren't for the fun of chasing down these SPs, I'm not sure I would have even kept the base set at all. I have to admit, though, as bad as this set is, this subset has been fun.
How long has it been on my wantlist (roughly)?: Well, I bought it about the time I was coaching t-ball, which would have been about 3 years ago.
Current state of set completion: The card shown here makes 98 of 100. However, I have two cards already purchased from COMC, ready to be shipped. Barring any shipping disaster, I have to consider this set complete.
Current needs: #91 (Mike Trout), #98 (Stephen Strasburg), both purchased, but not in-hand.
Prognosis: I don't know when I'll request my next shipment from COMC, but it should be this year. I'd say this set will definitely be complete by December.


0 Yorumlar