Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Painting's Progress: Equus yin-yang

Another painting has creaked its way to the finish line. 

My dad left behind several notebooks of horse stamps with little value, and I thought some might be useful as elements in paintings. Sometime last winter I affixed a few with acrylic medium to a 9x12" canvas, and added color glazing after the surface was dry.



After avoiding it for a few weeks I went back and added a white wash.



Then it sat around for about 4 months, me unsure what to do next, if anything. But I'd finished another painting—one I actually, truly liked—after adding paint 'drawings' to it, and on a whim did the same to this puppy. Then went over it with darker colors. Really darker—the image below is artificially light because of the camera flash, although the colors are true.



Despite feeling guilty for obliterating the original color, I liked it. Still didn't get that 'done' vibe. Added some color wash and sponged white onto the raised areas. Hmm.



Still not satisfied, added more color wash. Crap, why didn't I leave it alone? I suck. 



Maybe not. After another few weeks of diligent avoidance I womaned up and went back to the little bastard. Kept the existing color scheme and concentrated on refining the image, intensifying some colors, adding detail, more glazing. 


Still not sure. Calling it done anyway. I think it works, but what do I know? I'm making all of this up as I go, just like the rest of my life. Whee!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar